How To Find And Compare Medicare Supplement Quotes

By: Edward Neeman
Published: Thursday, September 13 2018
Last Updated: 3 months ago

If you’re nearing 65 years old, or already crossed that threshold, you may be wondering if your Original Medicare is going to be enough. While Medicare Parts A and B do cover just about 80% of all your healthcare costs, there are some gaps in coverage that will leave you paying for the other 20% out of your own pocket.

Luckily, there are additional parts and plans for Medicare that can pick up your remaining medical expenses. Between Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D (prescription coverage), and the 10 Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plans, you could end up paying next to nothing out-of-pocket. However, finding plans can be difficult and expensive, which is why we’re going to tell you how to compare Medicare Supplement quotes.

Why You Should Compare Medicare Supplement Quotes

It is important that you compare Medicare supplement quotes. Many of the plans offer the same benefits, namely to fill in the extra costs your traditional Medicare coverage doesn’t include, but they can vary in their benefits and costs. Companies can, and often do, charge more money for similar Medigap benefits, trading in on name recognition and reputation in the industry. For this reason, it is important that you do your research and make sure you are getting the best deal.

Save Money

By comparing your Medigap quotes, you can find the most affordable plan that will help you save money in the long run. The biggest difference between most Medicare Supplemental plans is the cost. Per CMS, most Medigap plans offer the same benefits and a similar supplemental coverage program, but you may pay significantly different premiums from contractor to contractor. Where the benefits do vary, it is important that you make your supplemental plans will fit your personal healthcare needs.

Find The Best Coverage

You can find Medicare Supplement quotes online or you can speak with a licensed Medicare broker about Medigap quotes in your region. You need to consider your needs and bare in a mind that Medigap plans are only sold individually, so if your spouse also needs supplemental coverage they will need to purchase a separate plan.

Save Yourself The Time And Hassle

If you want to save yourself the time and stress of searching for the right Medigap plan and reviewing all the Medicare Supplement quotes available to you, try FirstQuote Medicare. Their independent and licensed Medicare agents can help you sift through the mess and find a plan that works for your needs.

It is never too early to start your search for Medicare Supplemental plans. You are allowed a 6 month Open Enrollment Period from your 65th birthday to review Medigap quotes and enroll in coverage.

Medigap contractors cannot deny you coverage during this time period for any reason, including any pre-existing health conditions you may have. Once the initial, 6-month period has passed, you can still apply for Medigap coverage at any time, but at this point, the insurance contractors are allowed to deny you coverage if they choose.

Compare Medicare Supplement Quotes Online

It easy these days to compare Medigap quotes and plans online. The FirstQuote Medicare website is a great place to review Medicare Supplement quotes online. When you are comparing plans online, you can take the time to review each plan, get familiar with the details, and move at your own pace. All the information you need will be right there on your screen.

How FirstQuote Medicare Makes Shopping Simple

FirstQuote Medicare provides a quick and comprehensive service to help you find your Medicare Supplement quotes online. All you have to do to get started is fill out your zip code to see which Medigap plans are available in your area. After answering a few questions, you’ll be able to compare supplement quotes side by side and talk to an experienced agent to make the right choice and get covered today.